DonostiaBookClub

Donostia Book Club

My name is Slawka Grabowska. I organize Donostia Book Club. We meet every month to discuss previously chosen books or short stories. Check out our FB page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Donostia-Book-Club/105225566276875?ref=hl

Hi All!

Hi All!

First of all: a warm welcome to all new members of Donostia Book Club! I am always more than happy to see there are still so many people interested in literature! Here is a short explanation for all of you: I organise Donostia Book Club for almost 3 years now. We have started in bars, then for a year we were invited to meet in Museum San Telmo and cooperated with their library. Right now we are meeting every second Monday of the month in the Activity Room of Municipal Library. Since people often ask: I am not paid for organising our meetings, I do it for my own pleasure and because I love books. That simple ;) Because of working hours most of us have, it's highly unlikely that we will change the hour of the meetings any time soon (19:45-21:00), but if you would like to suggest some changes, feel free to send me an email and I'l see what is possible.

Now, as I've already told you, our last meeting was a bit different than normally: it was the first time we've decided to discuss something different than fiction. Thank you, Bittor for suggesting something new. I guess it was interesting and we've mostly avoided offending each other, which is a great achievement with such a delicate subject. :)

As it was suggested yesterday, we will organise one EXTRA meeting to discuss Germaine Greer and her book "The Female Eunuch". It's quite long, so if you don't have time to read everything, just choose some chapters - it will make it possible for everyone to participate. Please click this link:

and choose ALL the dates that you are available. The meeting will be an informal one, not the usual place: we will go to bar SALT (Av. Navarra 2, bario Gros).

Our next official meeting is on October, 13th. In the Activity Room of the Municipal Library at 19:45. We will talk about Agatha Christie's "The ABC Murders".

So, thank you for yesterday! I hope you enjoyed it. Remember that we also have a FB page:

I hope to see you all soon,
Slawka Grabowska
Donostia Book Club

P.D. I forgot to mention: yesterday we had wit us Michele Dunstan, she has a bookshop-cafe "To the Lighthouse" in Ciboure (St Jean de Luz), with English books (also second hand). I haven't been there yet, but I will definitely go, so if you are interested here is the address:
"To the Lighthouse"