DonostiaBookClub

Donostia Book Club

My name is Slawka Grabowska. I organize Donostia Book Club. We meet every month to discuss previously chosen books or short stories. Check out our FB page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Donostia-Book-Club/105225566276875?ref=hl

LAst Meeting, Next Meeting and Some Changes

Brooklyn - Colm Tóibín

Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to thank those, who came to our last meeting: you were great and it was amazing to see everyone talking! Thank you :)

Secondly: I was thinking for some time to make some changes in our organisation and I've decided it's time to do this now. So, from now on all the meetings will be on Wednesdays to avoid any misunderstandings and confusion. There is always a problem to choose time that would satisfy everyone: some of you work until late and some have children that can't stay alone till late. It's a situation that has no solution that would satisfy everyone. San Telmo meetings, because of the hours of the museum and the library, were always at 19:30. And our 'bar meetings' were usually around 21. Trying to satisfy everyone, although it's impossible, the fixed time will be 20:30. You can always come a bit late or leave earlier - everyone understands it. The usual meetings are about 1 hour long, so i guess it's not that bad if we finish at 21:30.

SO: WEDNESDAYS 20:30 bar meetings and 19:30 San Telmo meetings. The exact dates i will always send you on the email (although I will try it to be the first or second Wednesday of each month).

Our next meeting will take place November, 6 in San Telmo (19:30). The book to read is Brooklyn by Colm Toibin. The libraries already have it you can check the availability on their web. I have a pdf only in Spanish (if you want it - send me an email) and here is the link to buy a book in Amazon (both paperback and e-book cost less than 9 Euros)

Hope too see you all soon!