DonostiaBookClub

Donostia Book Club

My name is Slawka Grabowska. I organize Donostia Book Club. We meet every month to discuss previously chosen books or short stories. Check out our FB page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Donostia-Book-Club/105225566276875?ref=hl

'The Selection' by Kiera Cass

The Selection - Kiera Cass

I have won a few giveaways recently and strangely most of the books you could classify as young adults. The one that really caught my attention was 'The Selection'. First of all, the giveaway was organized by a fellow blogger and not by an author. I've decided to start reviewing with that one. And I don't regret it even for a second: it's an easy and quick read, but at the same time makes us think about some universal truths.

Can the future wife of a prince be chosen in a reality show competition? The action takes place in the world divided into 8 casts,where the poorest struggle to find food and the richest live in an unbelievable luxuries. Does America, a girl coming from cast of 5s, have any chances in the palace full of 1s?  And is that the place that could make her happy?Can't wait to buy the 2nd part!